The Visual Arts team is delighted to welcome ten delegates from across the world to a week-long programme of gallery visits, studio visits and networking events in Hull, Gateshead, Newcastle and Manchester.
The delegates, who are curators and arts professionals from China, Sierra Leone, Kenya, Senegal, Ethiopia, Chile and Argentina, are visiting some key events in the UK’s arts calendar including the openings of the Turner Prize exhibition at Ferens Art Gallery in Hull and the annual New Contemporaries showcase of recent graduates, which will be shown for the first time at the BALTIC in Gateshead.
Whilst in Hull, they are exploring visual arts projects that are part of Hull 2017, the UK City of Culture and in Manchester, they visit the galleries that take part in the New North South partnership such as Whitworth Art Gallery and Manchester Art Gallery.
Our delegates are:
- Gao Gao, CAFA Art Museum, China
- Feng Bin, The Art Museum of Sichuan Fine Arts Institute, China
- Guo Haiwen, Sichuan Fine Arts Institute, China
- Yamin Wang, Art Museum of Nanjing University of the Arts, China
- Thom Ogonga, independent curator, Kenya
- Aissatou Diop, RAW Material Company, Center for Art, Knowledge and Society, Senegal
- Tindae Feika, The Barray: Contemporary Visual Artists’ Alliance, Sierra Leone
- Wanja Kimani, Guzo Art Studio
- Loa Bascuñan, Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC), Chile
- Virginia Agote, Fine Arts Museum Franklin Rawson, Argentina
Stay tuned as we’ll be posting regular updates on their trip and the delegates’ reflections on their encounters.